Maccus McCullough discussed scalability and the need for high numbers of intelligent agents that can quickly switch context based on environmental cues. AILC at IEEE2 island, April 11, 2-3pmPST/SLT http://bit.ly/IEEEIslands
I am currently exploring the use of virtual world technology for use in kinetic and non-kinetic operations within complex and highly dynamic operational environments.
Founder of MiLands
The IEEE Computer Society will host events inside of the virtual world of Second Life in support of National Robotics Week (http://www.nationalroboticsweek.org). Click here to view the Google Calendar which is shaping up with speaker and tour events. All times are being posted in Pacific Time, which is also Second Life Time (SLT). Various events are scheduled April 9-17 including:
- In-world presentations
- Tours of virtual robotics and AI applications
- Game engine AI applications
- Advanced bots
- Training & simulation robots
- Large scale bot culture communities
- Robotic machines
- Virtual learning centers
- Robot hunt
- Week-long virtual robot building competition with prizes
Hands-on classes related to building and scripting robots, and AIML basics will be taught inworld. Various organizations in Second Life will be collaborating with the IEEE to engage and interest individuals in STEM education and careers.
HUNT INFORMATION: Join the “Robot Hunt” group in Second Life for the latest information on the hunt. BladeRunners sought to become Bukateers. Hopefully your robot will keep their sanity at the end of this hunt! LISTED ON SL HUNTS!
To visit these virtual events, you will need to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Create an avatar at http://secondlife.com
- Then use this SLURL to teleport to the IEEE’s Artificial Intelligence Learning Center (AILC): http://slurl.com/secondlife/IEEE%202/61/161/27
Check out this article from CNN iReport from Nadia Lane on artificial intelligence in virtual worlds: “Save Me AI Bot! Save Me!”: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-585249
For the latest information and scheduled presentations, please see: